VIS 400 is available as a standalone USB inspection scope (plug into Windows PC for inspection with inSpecTM software) or as part of the VIS 300C test platform.
The VIS 400 inspection scope allows test technicians to inspect and grade fiber endfaces by offering the most detailed image possible. When used in conjunction with ODM’s proprietary InSpec™ software the VIS 400 ensures compliance with the IEC 61300-3-35 standard.
ODM’s software grades fiber ends based on the four critical zones outlined in the industry standard. The VIS 400’s high-definition camera allows the software to distinguish defects as small as one micron, eliminating guesswork when determining endface acceptability.
The VIS 400 provides a high-definition image with a 860μm x 640μm field of view, allowing technicians to see debris outside IEC specified zones. Debris on the periphery of the fiber end should be cleaned to avoid migration during connector mating. This procedure allows technicians to ensure connectors are completely clean for the most reliable optical link.
An analysis button on the body and ODM’s proprietary external focus mechanism are two major time-saving features of this probe; the technician does not need to remove their hand from the unit when testing.
• Automated image centering and analysis compliant with IEC 61300-3-35 standards
• Hardware button initiates PASS/FAIL analysis
• Unique external focus mechanism
• High-definition, large field-of-view image
• Quick-change adapter tips for all connector styles
• Plug-and-play functionality with Windows devices running ODM’s inSpecTM software