The RP 450 Optical Power Meter measures optical power on fiber optic networks operating at many common SM and MM wavelengths. These easy-to-use optical power meters provide absolute dBm or dB loss measurements on all optical networks. The RP 450 allows the user to set the incoming signal to a “zero” reference and provide direct loss measurements.
The RP 450 provides an audible alert when the incoming signal is a modulated 2kHz tone. ODM’s single mode lasers, multi mode LEDs, or any external 2kHz optical source may generate this incoming tone. This feature is very useful for quick fiber identification of fiber under test at the field location.
Use the RP 450 to check the output at the patch panel or wall outlet in the premise, telecom or broadband market. Connection to the fiber under test is made via the included universal 2.5 mm adapter. Additional connector adapter styles are available.
• Measures 850, 1300, 1310, 1490, 1550, 1611, 1625nm wavelengths
• dB and dBm measurement modes with reference-set function
• NIST-traceable measurements
• Audible incoming 2kHz signal alert
• Interfaces with LFI 110 Live Fiber Identifier accessory
• Interchangeable input connector adapters