The LFI 110 Live Fiber Identifier Accessory is a rugged accessory tool that is designed to fit onto the RP 4XX series optical power meters. This useful device allows the detection of active channels or 2kHz tones on any single mode network. The LFI 110 is designed to accommodate 250 micron, 900 micron, 2mm or 3mm jacketed fibers. The accessory simply snaps on to the RP 450 or RP 460 optical power meter unit, increasing the functionality of the power meter to include live fiber identification.
Measurements displayed on the RP 4XX power meter will have direct correlation to the actual core power with measurement repeatability of +/-2dB. No longer is it necessary to purchase a stand-alone fiber identifier for active channel identification.The LFI 110 allows the technician to identify available fibers in the F2 portion of the FTTx network without the disruption of existing subscribers. The LFI/RP 4XX combination also allows 2kHz tone detection when used with compatible ODM laser sources.
• FTTx active OLT or ONT detection
• Easily snaps on to RP 450 or RP 460 optical power meter
• Allows in-service testing on singlemode networks
• Accepts 250um to 3mm jacketed SMF-28 and BIF
• Detects 2kHz tone from compatible laser signal generators, such as ODM’s DLS 355
• Non-invasive testing - will not cause alarm in active channel