When combined with the RP 560 model optical power meter, this laser source can greatly reduce the time needed to test fiber cables with its automated wavelength switching feature. The unit periodically switches between available wavelengths, and the power meter recognizes each time the switch occurs, allowing multiple loss tests to be completed simultaneously.
Easy removal of the included SC adapter allows the light source ferrule to be cleaned, preventing contamination of test jumpers. Additional adapters are available.
This device maintains full compliance with all FDA and CFR standards for light-emitting products.
• Small form-factor for fast, simple testing in the field
• Single output port ensures faster switching when testing at multiple wavelengths
• NIST-traceable laser output
• 2kHz, 1kHz, and 270Hz tone modulation
• Long-lasting AA batteries